We have an opening for an Intermediate Staff Accountant for our Vancouver Office.
A career at The Firm will offer you the opportunity to:- Work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective field
– Have a challenging and interesting work in a team environment
– Continue your development throughout your career to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
The candidate should possess excellent verbal and oral communication skills and a strong work ethic. You should be detail oriented and have the ability to solve problems independently.
Job functions include:
• Liaise with all staff and clients to deliver accurate, complete, and efficient financial information
• Preparation of personal tax returns and other information reporting returns
• Manage and complete a file from beginning to end, including year-end accounting, tax compliance, and planning from corporate to personal and back again.
• Compile and complete an NTR file and financial statements in Caseware & Caseview, assist with Review AND Audit files as needed
• Compile GST, PST, and WCB returns
• Assist with payroll processing and preparing T3, T4, T4A, and T5 slips as needed
• Provide bookkeeping and accounting support directly to clients as needed
• Correspondence to clients, CRA, and other third parties.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 2 to 4 years’ experience in public practice
• Enrolled in the CPA program or equivalent
• Strong working knowledge of tax and compliance
• Familiar with CaseWare, Caseview, and tax software (Profile/TaxPrep), MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Sage50, et al
• Confident and open to learning new software that will make us better and more efficient
• Excellent remuneration package with a flexible 40 hour week, flexible summer schedule
• Annual professional development courses
• Coverage of your annual professional dues will pay 100% of the cost for your CPA courses
If you have the desire to learn, willingness to take on new tasks with enthusiasm, and are looking for an environment that encourages your growth and career development, then contact us today. Please forward your resume with most recent transcript and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reply with the cover letter — subject — “Intermediate Accountant”
Please, no phone calls, we thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.